Car manufacturers realize that a properly maintained car will be more dependable, safer, last longer and be more economical. Car manufacturers and owners together have a responsibility to make sure that emission controls are functioning properly. Regular maintenance helps achieve these goals by keeping your engine running efficiently and eliminating any potential problems that may leave you stranded.
Why should you do this?
· Saves you money!
· Gives you a more dependable vehicle
· Helps your vehicle retain that “new vehicle feel” longer
· Causes less of a chance for a costly breakdown
· Provides a safer vehicle for you and your family
· Is your responsibility to do your part for cleaner air
· Gives you a car that is worth more at trade in or sale
· Keeps your warranty intact
Manufacturer’s Maintenance Schedules
Manufacturers form detailed maintenance schedules for you to follow. They outline specific operations to be performed on various components and systems at different mileage intervals. This is done to ensure proper operation and prevent premature wear. Manufacturers also indicate specific services that must be done to maintain the factory warranty and extended warranty.